Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year New Blog!

The time has come for the best youth girls this side of the Mississippi to have their own blog. They love the Lord, they love the word and they love each other. This will be a blog for us to share with each other and for me to encourage the girls throughout the week. We decided in class last Wednesday night that our class time together is like eating a whole stick of beef jerky and this blog will just be like some of those beef jerky nuggets. I actually came up with that and they thought it was pretty gross. ;)  We have been studying the book of Romans and it is lighting us on fire! We just finished chapter 7 and will begin the new year in chapter 8 my heading says "Life in the Spirit". Gets me excited just thinking about it. We actually discussed last Wednesday what I will have to say to the parents if some of the girls actually explode into gold dust because they are so full of the Spirit and just flat out excited! lol

We started the new year together at the church and then everyone came over to my place for the rest of the night. We did some karaoke and played some charades, my girls are amazing at charades...Summer Gage is the best guesser and my little sis Brendi is the best or most creative writer :) ex. "Gandolf roasting smores"..."Cheese Whiz shooting out of a tuba"
Our wonderful chaperons Katie and Callie ( Callie was one of my first youth girls and now she's a "grown up")
Chowing down (FYI: the bottle is sparkling organic pear juice)
Kaycee and Brendi 

Amber and Summer


Jennifer enjoying some hickory farms
Cecilia

Rachel and Leah (Yeah like in the Bible!) and Peyton
Brianna, Autumn and Jennifer
Charade Teams
Team One "Team Awesome"

This is their white girl thug life pose

Team 2 "Team T-Rex"



Wow Brendi Wow
Fakers!


2 comments:

  1. How fun!! I love it!! How blessed these girls are to have such an awesome leader...and I know you are blessed by the girls. Looks like you guys are off to a wonderful year. I'll be following, and am excited to see what the Lord has in store for this special group of girls :) Now, if there is any exploding or gold dusting...y'all lemme know, k? Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shaley! Its looking fat and classy my sista. Love the layout! Can't wait for more stories and jerky nuggets!

    ReplyDelete