Friday, February 25, 2011

Two Things....

So......Kelsey and I moved last week resulting in no blog for lasts weeks class and no special feature youth girl.  I'm barely back on my feet and my brain is still shorting out as I explained to you girls last night in class. Not that things have been stressful or negative just overwhelmingly wonderful and flat out exhausting. I no longer have my beloved high speed Internet but thanks to Mineral Wells getting 3G  my parents air card is pretty fast and I am grateful!

I honestly barely remember last week's lesson so we will talk of last night's...."Two Things" ...there are multitudes of books and teachings some full of truth and wisdom, but with so many options we can easily lose focus. So we talked of  "Two Things"    1.To know God in revelation of Christ Jesus and    2. To know ourselves in light of that revelation.   We looked at Jesus' response to the 5,000 that awaited him after he and his disciples tried to get away for some restoration after the beheading of John the Baptist. Mark 6:30-42.  Exhausted and wounded Jesus tells his disciples "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." What beautiful words to hear from the Prince of Peace. Right before he calls them away it says they didn't have a chance to eat. I don't know about you, but I need to eat. I'm thinking... hungry, broken hearted, probably scared and definitely exhausted is not the condition you want to be in when you try to get away and then get faced with 5000 people, people hungry in every way. But instead of the many responses that we as humans can imagine ourselves having we see something different. We see a glimpse into the heart of God. vs. 34 says "When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things." When most would consider us a pain and an annoyance Christ looks at us with compassion. Even concerned by their physical condition,  Jesus provides a miraculous meal for the 5000... Beautiful.   We next looked at our own hearts in light of Christ's...We came face to face with the truth that we often lie to ourselves when it comes to the condition of our heart. "Our fallen thinking processes automatically justify our actions and rationalize our thoughts." We all agreed that it was time to wipe off the cosmetics covering the true soul within us, the soul Christ seeks to know, save and set free.

This weeks special feature! Summer Gage
This pic is my favorite...Summer in action!

I made her turn around so we could see her cute vest!




Summer is a joy and a delight to have. She is very intelligent and humble...an amazing combination. She knows much of the Word but keeps her knowledge to herself much of the time. When she speaks she is always right on and very wise.  Here is the scripture she selected....

"Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord"- and you forgave the guilt of my sin.  Psalm 33:5
Praise the Lord! He forgives the guilt of our sin!

1 comment:

  1. Summer Summer Summer, :) one of my favorite youngies I've ever known! She is a pretty awesome young woman and I love her! Summer is as sweet as a peach! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete